One of the sweetest blessings I enjoy is also one of the simplest... waking each morning without the obnoxious blares from an electronic alarm clock.
This doesn't mean that I wake on my own. Usually there is a catalyst or two...
- Rooster crowing,
- Mockingbird singing,
- Distant Thunderstorm,
- The aroma of freshly brewed coffee,
These are my current and much preferred alarm clocks.
- A Paw in my face,
- Or worse,
- Phonecall from my little neighbor needing a ride to school,
- Cat scratching the sofa,
- Puppy chewing the dining room table.
These are also current, but less preferred.
Then there is...
- Dog throwing up,
- Unwanted Skype call at 2am,
- Garbage truck on my street when I forgot to take the can to the curb.
...clearly least preferred.
What about the loud, angry, relentless, masochistic, painful alarm clock rudely yanking away soft, warm, pink,downy covers and any hope of sweet dreams? Only if there is an early morning flight to make that leads to a warm, tropical clime and a hammock with my name on it.
Where I can be awakened by the sound of ocean waves lapping the beach. Yes, please.